Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days of Halloween in New Orleans: Day 1

So...my favorite time of year is here!  A quick visit to Tennessee this past weekend really put me in the fall and Halloween mood. Back in New Orleans it is still a bit warm, but there is a slight breeze, less humidity, and an unexplainable "fall feeling" in the air. It does sadden me already that in only 30 days I'll have to wait a whole year before it's Halloween again. It really is my favorite holiday. I wish I could dress in costume every single day of the month! I decided to celebrate with a countdown. I may not be able to sport a witch hat everyday, but I can watch scary movies, go pumpkin hunting, make Halloween cards, and eat candy corn :)

Today, being the first day of my 31 day countdown, it seemed as though costume shopping was in order. Matt and I visited 5 costume stores looking for the perfect costumes! He had some luck and I got some ideas. We are well on our way. I have scheduled as many "costume occasions" as I could possibly find over the next couple months. As of right now we are dressing in vintage wear for a vintage festival this week, dressing as pirates for a renaissance festival, hitting the French Quarter on Halloween night as a voodoo queen and voodoo doll, and dressing in random other costumes for a few other events like parades and Halloween parties. What a fun season it is going to be :)

These pictures are from Mom's house this past weekend.... and to think it takes Martha Stewart a team of people to produce such creations! Mom always has the BEST decorations!





No comments:

Post a Comment