Saturday, October 12, 2013

New Orleans NAMI Walk

I was so happy when my boss agreed to let our agency be a sponsor of the New Orleans NAMI Walk. I was even happier when over 40 people from my company showed up to walk! I spent a few days making signs for us all to carry and several weeks promoting the walk to get people excited. Regardless of my city or residence, where I work, or what my job title is, I will always be interested in recovery and wellness. I believe it is so important that mental illness, stigma, treatment, and recovery are topics we talk openly and publicly about and that people with mental illness are viewed the same way as someone with cancer or diabetes. I thought about my AIM Center friends many times today. I miss you guys! Here are a few pictures of our group!

No comments:

Post a Comment